carrot top pesto
This pesto is delish swirled into veggie soups or on pasta - slurp! If you want to only make the pesto, skip down to #4.
If you want to add spaghetti squash to the party, here’s how to roast one.
- 3 pounds small carrots with tops (any color)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- rim carrot tops, leaving some stem attached. Measure out 2 cups carrot tops and set aside.
- Toss carrots and vegetable oil on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing occasionally, until carrots are golden brown and tender, 25–35 minutes. Let cool.
- Pulse garlic and nuts in a food processor until a coarse paste forms. Add nooch and reserved carrot tops; process until chunky. Add olive oil and pulse until combined; season with salt and pepper.
- Serve carrots with pesto.