mushroom & farro soup | jojo's sriracha
did I mention we are obsessed with soup? because we are. this one is hearty, bright and just the right combo with our green chili sriracha (GR).
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 2 Carrots, Chopped
- 3 Cloves Of Garlic, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Pound Fresh Mushrooms (Porcini, Portobello, or Cremini) Cleaned And Coarsely Chopped
- 4 to 5 Cups Vegetable Or Chicken Broth
- 3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 Cup Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Farro
- Salt & Pepper
- Garnish with Jojo’s Green Chili Sriracha
- In a heavy soup pot heat the olive oil and then cook the onions, carrots and mushrooms until softened over medium heat, about 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or two, add the broth, tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, and farro.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Season with salt, pepper and continue to cook over low heat until the farro is tender to the bite, about 30 minutes, adding additional broth as needed once the farro begins to swell.
- Add Jojo’s to taste, adjusting seasonings if needed.
- Serve soup very warm but not steaming hot for the best flavor.