Kitchari is the ultimate clean comfort food. I was first introduced to kitchari during an Ayurvedic cleanse - the same time I started making my own sriracha. Kitchari is like Indian chili and you can find an endless variety of recipes. Here is the one I fell in love with.
makes 4 servings
- 2 cups french lentils, cooked
- ¼ – ½ cup brown rice, cooked
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, divided in half
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt or Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 small handful chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Jojo’s OG
- Plain yogurt or kefir
- Warm coconut oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat. When shimmering add onion. Cook until translucent, about 5-6 mins. Add garlic and cook another few minutes until all vegetables are soft but not browned.
- Add garam masala, cooking for a minute or two to bloom the spices.
- Add cooked lentils and remaining coconut oil. Adjust seasoning with salt and more coconut oil until irresistible
- Serve over brown rice with yogurt, Jojo’s and cilantro.