roasted beet pesto
Quick tip: buy your beets whole and saute the greens in olive oil and garlic for beet top tacos
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, raw or toasted
- 2 large cooked and peeled purple beets, coarsely chopped (I prefer to roast mine)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt
- OPTIONAL: 2-3 tablespoons jojo’s OG
- Pulse the garlic and sunflower seed in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and pulse until minced.
Add the beets, olive oil, and vinegar and pulse until you have a smooth pesto-like sauce. Season to taste with kosher salt.
Makes an excellent snack with veggies